If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate.

Friday, November 27, 2009

Big Buck

Hello all and welcome back.
I had to interupt Jap Juice to bring you this.
I finally got my buck!!!!
Shot him this morning(friday 27th)during a deer drive behind a friends house.
He came running out of the timber into a grassy area 4 does in the lead.  He was running full tilt and was about 50 yards away.  I only had about two seconds to shoot before he went into more timber so I just shouldered and shot.  Instinct goes a long way some times.  He went down like a ton of bricks.  He has an 18" outside spread.  8 points and weighed about 140 dressed.
I also shot a large doe on the morning sit.  She weighed about 130 dressed out.



Here is a picture of the doe where she fell.

We had a spritz of snow the night before so it was a great morning to be hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment here please.