If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate.

Friday, May 3, 2013

Garden update

Just wanted to pop in real quick and update the progress of the garden.  I've been a busy little bee trying to get all these garden things done and working my real job (the crappy one). 
It's Friday night about a quarter to 9.  We just wolfed down a quick dinner of BLTs.  Kaitlin had a soccer game tonight so we headed to that right after work.  After that we went to the Sprint store because we were eligible for free upgrades.  I now have an Apple I Phone 4 which is much better than my old rotary dial cell phone.

I have about 15 minutes to post this, move my veggies that have been outside all day basking in the sunshine and get my arse in bed.  I have to work tomorrow as well.  On a Saturday at that. 50 hours already and counting.  I'm tired.

I've spent the week working on my planting boxes.
I started building new raised beds this year out of wood I salvaged from work.  Free of course (I'll always be a tightwad with money)

They are about 42 inches each side.



So I made a bunch of them over the last few weeks.
I placed them in the garden



Then I built cold frames to cover the top. 
I started with 1/2" pvc and some 1'' black tubing.
I screwed the black tubing to the inside corners of the boxes and bent the pvc into hoops and inserted them into the black tubing.




I put one on each end and then put three supports across the middle joining the two end hoops.  Then I covered them with clear plastic.  Making a mini green house of sorts.




I also had a load of topsoil blended with compost delivered yesterday.  Here is the truck getting ready to pull in the drive.



The boys really wanted to climb on the pile!



This weekend I plan on getting a bunch of veggies planted.  I will keep you posted!

-Bushman

1 comment:

  1. there is a guy in Charlotte who loves to hear his beer tops pop, with his two kids behind him their tails just a waggin their off to the garden where he is Tops. Nice job son on your creation in the garden. Love ya Pops

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment here please.