If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate.

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Progress of sorts

So today was an almost uneventful day.  The fact that I was out of bed at 4:30 am had me anxious and restless by 8:30.  In fact, so much so that I woke momma up from her beauty sleep and bribed her with breakfast at a local restaurant which has great food.  She was up and out of bed right quick.  I guess she was hungry.

Last night Kait was home and we all were eager for dinner as I was trying my hand at Asian lettuce wraps.  On a recent visit to P.F. Changs eatery, we had some and thought they were great so I intended to reproduce the tasty treat.  They are incredibly easy to make, and healthy too.
I made them with ground turkey for an even healthier edge.

I did not have a recipe for the dipping sauce that they had at the restaurant so I winged it and it turned out almost perfect.  We ate every last bit.  I also managed to wash it down with slightly less than a six pack of a new beer.  It is Leinenkugel's Big Butt Doppel Bock.  It is quite tasty. (and if you drink 5 of them you wake up with a headache...bonus prize)

So while I ate healthily, I killed that with beer.  Oh well, life is short and I make it shorter every day!
I was going to make egg rolls to go with the lettuce wraps but decided not to.  So guess what's for dinner tonight?  Yep egg rolls!  I just made the filling a bit ago and it is in a colander cooling.  the house smells delish!

I have made some marked improvements in the writing room today.  I finished cleaning out some more of the junk that always seems to collect in here.
I also found a new desk on Craig's list and picked that up today.  It was quite the steal at $75.

I went from this




To this





Not too shabby eh?

I also picked up the last set of blinds for the east window.  Eventually, I will get some window dressings for them so they aren't so "sterile" looking.

Next in line for today was getting the paint out of the storage room.  I will begin painting the room either tonight or in the morning.  I have a very nice color for the lower walls.  It is an earthy shade of green called grapevine.  Very dark and comfortable.  I want my room to be warm, soft and a place I can just come hang out and read or write.  The upper walls will be two different colors.  I would like to see a rich brown, sort of like coffee with just a touch of cream.  The other color will be white for the trim and window casings along with the doors.

Here is a picture of it so far.  You can see my giant 8x4 dry erase board on the wall.  It is filling up with notes, quotes, and ideas.



I want to replace the ceiling tiles as well.  I would love those replicas of the older tin squares or bronze ones.  It is a drop ceiling unfortunately and I really don't want to drywall it in.  It's one of the two rooms left, but I'm not up to the task right now.  Drywall sucks!


Enough for now, I'm off to fry eggrolls.
See you tomorrow,
-Bushman





2 comments:

  1. Yum to the lettuce wrap and double yum to the egg rolls. If I wasn't so lazy I'd try my hand at making them only the place up the street is soooooo close and soooooo reasonable. (I know, lazy me) :P

    Loving the new look of your writing den…. your colour palate sound very soothing too.

    Enjoy dinner… are there any beer to wash it down with? My count says you should have one left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your writing den after it's painted. Sounds fabulous. So glad you are really taking this writing thing seriously.

    Go you on the cooking too. It's no secret that I HATE TO COOK. I do it but only because we need nourishment! Why do you think I married a chef? Lol

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment here please.