If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Deer Camp is Alive?


I have this funny feeling that there is something missing in my life.  I always have this feeling. 
I have searched for a long time.  It's not a love thing, so don't worry honey.  You are the only one I will ever be married to.  I just don't have the stamina for another one. :)  Seriously though, I am just not happy unless I am planning or conniving something that will alter my future.  It might be a vacation.  It might be a house.  It might be a horse.  Yes Angel I said a horse.  Not the sea horse I found at Dad and Chris' a few years back either.  A real one.  maybe I am just a busy body but I don't think so.  I can sit on the couch and veg with the best of them.  Just not for very long is all.  My wife says maybe you have ADHD.  Nope I tell her.  I have NEMS.  I'll let you think on that one for awhile.  So now I am planning deer camp.  Why not.  I deserve a week up in the North woods stalking the elusive whitetail, not bathing, wearing the same clothes for 3 days and drinking gallons of coffee and topping it off with a few cold beers at night.  Deer camp will give me something to focus on for the next 6 weeks.  I'll have lots to do.  Menus to plan, aerial scouting (via Internet) to do.  vehicles to borrow, camper to ready.  I'm so excited I could write about it...oh wait.
So anyways plan on reading nothing but deer camp for awhile.  Last time I went to deer camp I would sit out in my camper in the backyard and play out all the different scenarios in my head that may occur, then write them down and make accommodations for them.  Yeah I had it bad.  This time will not be different.  So I bid you farewell until probably Saturday, I have to work OT on Friday.  Here is a shot of deer camp when I was 15 yrs old.
  6 yrs ago!!!!!!!
left to right
Ricky Miller, Jeff Bushman (me), Bill Bushman Sr, Bill Bushman Jr.
This was our opening day salvo.  The Bushman boys scored a perfect 3 that year.  Yet to be matched.

Thanks all my old deer camp members.  Without you I wouldn't have such great memories.
As Arnold would say, "Stick Around".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment here please.