If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

What????? A Repost????????

Yesterday was fun!
Beer is fun.  I did not drink much beer yesterday.
Is this an oxymoron or just a contradiction.
Perhaps I'm just going senile although I've never been to Africa to see the Nile.

I mowed the lawn here and at the landlords. (It's part of the deal for the tractor)
I also picked up the new bumper for my car.  They were supposed to have the headlight mounting panel but didn't.  So I still need to have the headlight panel and a new hood then it will be like new again.
Of course I will also need new tires and brakes as well as a left front strut.  What do ya expect it's 11 yrs old.  But no payment and that's the way I like it!

Maybe I just don't have much to say right now.  It's too early anyways.  Here have a re-post.  My first ever!  Looks like I didn't have much to say that day either.
--------------------------------------------------------
Sunday, October 24, 2010


A dog's life!



I didn't have much to post on today so I thought I would do something different with some older pictures.
Enjoy!!
This little guy became a member of our family almost 3 yrs ago. Little did I know the impact he would make!

I came home from work one day and caught him dancing with my beautiful wife!


When he finished his dance he ran out the door to his get away vehicle.  Looks like he had an accomplice
   

Not long after that we added another member to our family. Don't ever double dog dare me!

So these two mutts become pretty good friends. Not long after that I found them cuddling with my gorgeous, young daughter. These two are unstoppable!

Well you know how it is with women. Wasn't very long and they were fighting over them.

So what do you do?        Put 'em in time out!!



It seems as though they have overcome their differences and now are pretty much inseparable.
          They swim together

They nap together

They even fetch the same retrieving toy. Literally


Gunner still loves the girls though.


These two truly are the gift that keeps giving!



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have to admit this is one of my favorite posts ever.  My dogs are like my children to me.
Gunner came in to our life after the loss of our son Corwin and Remmi appeared not long after the loss of our daughter Isabella.  You could say they are my replacements.  They hold a very special place in my heart.
Sometimes when I see them out in the yard just staring up into the air I think maybe,  just maybe they are seeing two little angels up there and the little angels are whispering to them, telling them to keep daddy happy and give him hugs and kisses for us!

Have a great and safe weekend!

5 comments:

  1. tucker says hi!

    great repost bro!

    sorry for your losses, my friend...dogs are a magic elixir for our pain

    but you know how i feel about my buddy, so i can fully appreciate your love of those two...

    they remind me of our browndog and fatwhitegirl...we lost both to cancer last year, but i think you knew that...

    rock on brother!

    god bless ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a bittersweet post. Than you for sharing
    (Bruce suggested I pop in)
    Sending you hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm following along after Bruce and Mynx - two of my favourites!

    I'm a little overwhelmed with this post. I'm so sorry for your loss, times two - I can't fathom that.
    I'm not often at a loss for words, but somehow I'm not sure how to say what I want to say. But consider yourself HUGGED.

    The photos of the dogs are fantastic - being a dog owner I can relate to how you see them - as family.

    If you feel like sharing, we're here for you, remember that.
    Hugs, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I firmly believe that those that are lost to us in one way, come back to us in another. Great photos of your dogs -- they remind us to live our lives with gusto and unconditional love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bruce--Thanks bro! Dogs rule and well dogs drool.
    Mynx--Thanks for stopping by. I'll visit as well
    Pearson--Sometimes words aren't necessary just gaze up into the sky!
    Sallie--Much obliged for the visit. I think a soul or a spirit can be in anything you need it to be!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment here please.