If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate.

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Somebody Please Shoot Me!

Well it's March already.  March is kind of a crappy month.  We are all anxious for warm weather and March is loaded with weird weather.  So far this March has just been plain cold.
I woke up this morning and for two weeks in a row I don't feel like cutting wood.  I should but I'm not going to.  So what else can I do?

Get a jump on spring cleaning.
I finished painting the kitchen today and scrubbed everything from top to bottom.  It took about 6 hours.  That's just the kitchen!  Ugh.  Gonna be a long spring.

Back to the reason I don't feel like cutting wood- there is something in my back, just above my right hip that doesn't feel right.  It's got me a little worried.  Normally things hurt and then they go away but this one has been with me for months now.  usually I just grit my teeth and push on. 
It's how I was raised.  "I ain't got time to bleed", to copy the famous qoute from the movie Predator.

Then to top it off this week at work I hurt my shoulder.  I think I just overworked the tendons but still it got me thinking.  I can't afford to go off on a surgery vacation.  Damn it sure blows getting old!
That is why I'm not cutting wood.

Not much else going on.  Thinking about gardening, camping and warm weather.
Sure makes me irritable being cooped up staring at all that white.
Our last snow storm dumped 4-5 inches of super saturated wet snow in the driveway.

I couldn't shovel it and risk injuring my injuries!  Now it's frozen.  What a mess!

I've been trying to sell some firewood at the end of my driveway.  I have a big stack that is 4 foot long and 3 foot tall for $15 but no one is biting.  The guy down the road is selling wood too and his is $15 and less wood and mine is better.  I can tell just by looking at it that his is still a bit green.

It's almost a competition now.  I don't like losing.  Also I need beer money!

That's all I have for now.  Stuck in the winter doldrums.

This is why God made beer.  How else do you get through this white hell?

Rule # 5

-Bushman


 

1 comment:

  1. I love Rule #4 - too true. And #5 is funny because I'm a big fan of my bedtime glass of milk...doesn't solve anything but I think I sleep better for it. (we won't mention the shot of rum that's added)

    I'm sorry to read about your back and how it's causing you such pain. Dare I be a pill and say it's probably from sitting up in a tree with your bow...(what you'll do in the name of game). :) But seriously, I do hope you find some relief soon.

    We have had a very mild winter - in comparison to other parts of Canada we've been overlooked by Old Man Winter. I imagine is wife, Mother Nature, will give us a swift backhander come summer. It's often the way this weather thing works out around here so I'm bracing myself for a sweatfest of a summer.

    Oh, I thought I should mention I really like your background it's very calming, as is the colour - which happens to be one of my favs.
    Also the size and font selection is super too...I see you are having a little fun with your blog. I'm always playing around with my blog look too.

    Cheers, Jenny


    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment here please.