If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate.

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Thirsty Thursday

Hello and welcome to a rare edition of Thirsty Thursday!

I haven't done this in a while and I won't promise to keep doing it either but it's nice to live vicariously through one's old blogs!

I started off the evening with a rare vintage of Donut House coffee, craftily brewed in my Keurig wonder machine.  I followed that up with and excellent year of Starbucks Verona blend.

While sipping the exquisite blends I opened up a few different windows on my new computer system, one being the classic Microsoft Office and the other being my writing software, titled Scrivener, and proceeded to hunt and peck my way through a few pages of story line.

Yes ,it is for the Lion and I, and no it won't be published here today.

I will tell you that I am just a few more pecks away from 20,000 words.  Progress is being made and before you know it, I will be on here begging you to buy a copy.

In case your wondering if he is still alive, of course he is.  Has he made it to the island?  Nope, not yet.  Well what in the world could he possibly be doing?  I know your wondering so I'll give you a little snippet.


"I found myself thinking of so many things during those days on my raft.  Friends and family, my dear wife, who must be worried something terrible.  I thought about people I’ve treated badly and those who I have broken promises to.   Every fiber in my body yearned for a chance to make it right.  I couldn’t count the number of times I prayed for rescue, prayed for release and prayed for death. 

I contemplated suicide many times as well.  Letting go, floating away.  Floating down.  Down where the blues turned into blacks.  Where the deep became so cold and the sunlight never penetrated.  Into the abyss where pain ended and rest would come. 

Once, I even let go of the raft, I watched it begin to drift away and when the currents started to pull it faster and faster, I panicked, the will to live was too strong and I swam like a man possessed to catch up with it.  When I reached it, I pulled myself up on it and kissed the rough boards, then I cried, blubbering like a baby but without tears.  I was too dehydrated for tears.  I didn’t want to die but I just wasn’t tough enough to take this anymore."

I am having fun with this story.  Honestly I don't know where it came from.  I don't make up the stories, they are already made up, inside me, just waiting to get out.  I merely extract the energy from within, let it run down my arms and through my fingers where it dances along the keyboard until, ultimately it dies.  Once dead, it is trapped in my hard drive and on paper. 
After that I give it to you. 
You are responsible for bringing it back to life.

On a side note, I have officially signed up for the A to Z challenge.  I am looking forward to that. 

January is almost over.  Everything here is covered in ice.  I almost slipped and fell on my keester today. 

The woodstove is heating the house quite comfortably, my efforts are paying dividends finally.  The furnace has been off since I came back from deer camp on the 18th of November.

Remmi has survived his tutoring and is recovering nicely.

Big Brown Dog is doing well.  He has lost some weight and is looking great, although his chin whiskers are as white as mine now.  I feel lucky having a great dog to grow old with!

My wife begins her new job on Monday.

I would say I am feeling blessed.  I can only hope that our good fortune continues.
It sure is nice to have things go your way.  I almost feel guilty...almost.

I should have the painting finished in my writing room this weekend.  I'm thinking maybe I need a plant in here.  I think it would be nice.

I may download some sort of typing instructor program, as I am lousy at typing.  My hands and wrists take a beating typing the way I do.  One finger, left hand and two fingers and a thumb, on the right hand.  I sure could get my stories out a lot faster.

Enjoy your Thursday evening be it thirsty or not!
Ciao,
Bushman
 

8 comments:

  1. I loved the feeling of bliss and contentment in this post, Bushman. I'm happy for you.

    I'm also please that Remmi is on the mend. My Lucky and your Big Brown are two of the same… she's getting upward of 15 this year, but full of pep and vinegar. I wished I knew her secret. Hmmm, I might start eating her food maybe therein lies the secret. Or, maybe it's not having a stressful job or doing renovations for the last two years… suddenly the dog food looks like a nonstarter! hahaha

    Anyway, I hope you have an awesome starter to your Friday… hehehehe I'm sending a little wicked grin! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving the new threads here - very soothing, and easy to read too!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, JP,
      Thought I would do a little makeover.

      Delete
  2. Glad that you've sign up for A to Z. Be seeing you around!

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Arlee.
      I'll be seeing you as well!

      Delete
  3. Checking out A/Z challenge blogs since I also signed up :) Should be a fun April :)

    Glad your dog made it through being neutered; a good thing to have done, but always a bit stressful getting through the process.

    It is good to have things going well and to feel blessed :) When we start really thinking about it, we truly are blessed in so many ways aren't we? Even during the less than ideal times :)

    Have a good weekend!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betty,
      Thanks for stopping by. I'll be over to visit shortly.
      It's been a week now for my dog and the worst seems to be over.
      I hope to see you again in the challenge!

      Delete
  4. Isn't it amazing how we can feel pangs of guilt when we finally have something good come our way? I so can appreciate it, but you know what? WE DESERVE IT!! Love hearing of good things and love the new look. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment here please.