If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate.

Monday, June 14, 2010

BBQ Ribs

I beat up a couple slabs of ribs for dinner Sunday.
First I rubbed them down with the Bushman Rub.  Now available at your local grocery store.(you just have to blend it is all) 
My favorite rub consists of very simple ingredients.
Dark Brown Sugar
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder
White pepper
Black pepper
Paprika
Chili Powder
All Spice
Cumin
Tony's Cajun Mix
These are measured in a top secret facility(my mind) and you will not know the amounts unless you ask.


I rubbed the ribs down and put them in the fridge for 6 hours.  Overnight would be better.
Then I prepped my propane grill.  Remove grates and add charcoal to one side.

Light said charcoal
Re-install one side of grate and put ribs on.  You have to get a rib rack if you don't have one.  These are awesome.

Add a few handfuls of wet chips every 30 minutes for 2 hours.
I also turned my rack 180 degrees every 30 minutes.
This is nice for indirect cooking.  Low and slow.
Try to maintain around 200 degrees F.
I recomend lump charcoal as you can add charcoal without the fumes of regular charcoal.

I did not get a picture of the finished project as the neighbor needed immediate assistance with his missing sheep.  SORRY!!
They were delicious though.  I grilled some sweet corn to accompany them.
I was pluggin for the floss company:)
Anyways I cooked the ribs for about 3 -31/2 hours.  No sauce either.
Fantastic.  I love 'em.  Leftovers went to work today for lunch.
Try the grill thing it works great.  I can't use my regular charcoal grill for this because I can't get the ribs far enough away from the heat to slow cook. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment here please.