If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sometimes there be snow !

Once in awhile at deer camp it snows.  When I was younger I would hope for it.  Now that I'm older and realize all the logistics and hazards that come with a heavy snowfall I don't want it.  However I wouldn't mind an inch or so for opening morning.  That ups the odds in our favor.  Mainly visibility and tracking.  Not so much tracking an animal that has been shot but finding footprints and figuring out where the deer are coming from and where they are headed.
This particular year we had about 12 inches of fresh snow overnight.  Beautiful. 
I almost died in that tent you see as well.  Was sleeping in there with a propane heater.
The flame kept going out but the gas kept flowing.  Thanks to Ric Miller I am alive today.  he kept getting up throughout the night to re light it and air it out.  We were both pretty sick the next day.
Safety, Safety, Safety.  OK that's enough I'm supposed to be getting ready for work but have deer hunting on the brain even at 4:30 in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment here please.