If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Today's Post is Brought to you by the Letter B

Have I told you the story about my Big Brown Dog?
My big brown dog's real name is Gunner.  We call him big brown dog.  Just do.  He is my most favorite big brown dog in the entire world.  We picked him out of the litter when he was just a wee little one.  Although he was the biggest in his litter.  The breeders had given him the name Moose.  We tied a little blue ribbon around his neck and a few weeks later brought him home.
Gunner was a band-aid for our broken heart after the loss of our son.  He is a very special part of my life and I couldn't imagine being without him.  
I will tell you he is not without problems.  Seems he has a knack for girls underwear, wood, lint rollers and Shout Stain Stick.  That episode landed him in the hospital for a few days.  He is a good boy though just has a touch of anxiety when I'm not around.  Most people like it when I'm gone!
Big Brown dog loves to swim, loves to play keep away, biscuits, rawhides and his most favorite thing in the whole wide world is to go for a ride!  In fact if you say the word ride, or anything that rhymes with it for that matter, he will whine like crazy until you either take his mind off it (biscuit/ice-cream) or take him for a ride.
He loves his kitty too!

And naps

And dancing with his Momma!
Although his birthday party is always fun with the cupcakes and the ice cream!

I love you forever my.....................................................
BIG BROWN  Dog.
See ya tomorrow.

12 comments:

  1. big brown! he's a good boy!

    i totally get the dog thing. they are a gift from whatever heaven/god/universe you believe in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely chocolate color. My husband wants a German Shepard, but I'd like something that doesn't weigh more than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is totally the sweetest story I have heard in a long time! Beautiful dog, and I hope that the band-aid is holding :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute pics! New follower here. I’m enjoying reading my fellow “A to Z”ers. I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice A and B posts. You are a great natural storyteller.

    That puppy picture is killing me.

    A-Z @ Elizabeth Twist

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, then, who DOESN'T have a problem with girls underwear? In high school, they never did what I wanted them to do.
    When we got our dog in Iceland, I wanted to name him Gunner (or Loki-both seemed sufficiently Icelandic). But, we stayed with what his first owners called him-Taeson.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's beautiful! I couldn't be without my dog babies.


    Catch My Words
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Bushman...what a beautiful tribute to Big Brown - your post hit my soft spot...being that I'm a fan of the four legged face lickers...my little girl is the best, too!

    Great "B" post.

    Jenny @ Pearson Report
    Co-Host of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping in for the A-Z challenge. Very pretty dog!!! Ours is named Tiny, but she is no longer tiny.. she's gained quite a bit of weight since our 1 year old gives her everything he doesn't want! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your big brown Gunner is adorable. I have two canine pups myself. Come to my blog and see Emma and Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pics of Gunner! Hard to believe he was once that small! Still laughing about the shout stain stick...but I know Angel isn't!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pics of Gunner! Hard to believe he was once that small! Still laughing about the shout stain stick...but I know Angel isn't!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment here please.