If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate.

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

What About Bushman?

Hello and welcome to the High Cost of This Low living.

I have been on leave for awhile and hopefully I stick around like the good old days again.

A lot has happened in my time off.  I won't bore you with the details but when I stopped blogging steadily my new daughter was just born.  She will be two this Saturday.

Yes it's been awhile.  I have dropped by a few times but never held steady.

It's funny how things can change so drastically.  I look back on the last two years and I see a whirlwind of activity and emotions.  Death and birth alike.

It has taken a toll on me.  I confess.  I'm not the big strong guy that I like to portray but someone has to put on the strong face, right?

The gray and white in my hair is much more prevalent as is the growing midsection with the addition of 37 pounds.  Can you say stress weight?  Beer helps - NOT!

I think things are back to somewhat normal now.

I stepped on to the elliptical machine in our "new" exercise room downstairs a bit ago.
I was running 2 miles every morning before work 2 years ago.  I was down to 200 pounds and I felt great.  Today I felt like a gigantic slug humping a piece of machinery.
Holy smokes did I ever let myself go.
I forced my way through a 1/2 mile on the elip and than slid over to the treadmill and did another half.
Sweating like a whore on nickel night and panting like a dog I slowed the pace and reduced my heart rate from 3243 beats per minute to about 70.  I almost didn't make it back up the stairs!

Why now you ask?
#1 reason - If I don't I'll most likely die of a heart attack.
#2 reason - I have a two year old that really loves me and I really love her.  I can't imagine my life without her and I don't want her to be without her DaDa.
#3 reason - I have another adventure planned and I really need to be in shape for this one.

I won't give it away today.  This is fodder to keep me coming back and writing more.

Did I just say writing?

Yep.
I am writing again.  Just a little but it is so nice.  I forgot how much I enjoy it.

I won't go into detail yet (more fodder) but I will soon enough.

So until next time I leave you with this...my inspiration.




3 comments:

  1. Hey Jeff! Good to hear from you. Keep up with the exercise. I hit a point like that about fifteen years ago. Took it all off and I've never felt better. Do it for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little one is so cute! I can't believe she is almost 2 years old! My does time fly! You'll get back into shape; slow and steady wins the race! Nice to see a post from you! I'm not really blogging these days but do check my Dashboard to see who is posting. Take care of yourself!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to see that you're back! I've been on sabbatical myself (with the exception of Facebook-love the pictures of your daughter, BTW), so I've been in the dark. A whole lot has happened to me the past few months. I've done some things I'm not very proud of (nothing illegal! lol). Luckily, I'm pulling myself slowly from the darkness. While I'm not back 100% and Penwasser Place is gone for good, I haven't stopped writing my book. Plus, I'll be starting another blog relatively soon. I'll be back. In the meantime, I'll have to keep the slugs off the machines at the gym. Those little buggers leave slime trails everywhere. Next time, I'm bringing a shaker of salt.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment here please.