If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday Salutations and Obama Speaks like White Supremacist.

Good morning and Sunday Salutations!

So I read a brief clip this morning on my Yahoo home page that goes something like this,
"Obama tells blacks to quit whining and start looking for jobs".
Ummmm not sure that is gonna work out to well for him.  Oh well I suppose it's his own job on the line.
I didn't bother to read the whole article the headline was enough to discourage me from proceeding any further.  Mind you I'm not racist because I hate everybody the same but this seems kinda racist to me.  You can call a spade a spade but in Obama's case you might call it a very light club.
Enough BS for now.  I'm not a political person nor do I wish to venture into territory where I am mostly unarmed and for the most part ignorant.

I hauled the log splitter out yesterday as promised however the toenails didn't turn out very well so I switched to wood.  I managed to split a decent pile and will continue today.
There is plenty more to cut.  It should also help open up the yard for more sunshine as well.  I know you may think cutting down large trees would diminish from the yard but these trees had been choked out by wild grape vines and poison ivy vines and were in the process of dying.  They are not appeasing to the eye anyways.  The septic field is also located in this area so the extra sunshine will help as well as stopping the root growth from these large trees.  Plus they will add to the woodpile and cut down on the use of propane.  Speaking of propane I was a bit shocked at the cost of filling the tank.  $2.99 a gallon and the tank is 500 gallons.  NEED MORE WOOD!

My stump table is coming along nicely.  I work on it while listening to the Lions football game, in the garage, on Sundays.  A little more sanding and then I will stain and seal it.  I have a nice glass top for it as well.  Eventually I will have a pair of wood ducks to go along with it.  I will fill the inside with cattails and bulrushes, making a nest, and the female will be inside the stump sitting on the nest while the male stands guard at the entrance.  The entrance is the split in the side of the log.


Have a great day and I'll see ya soon!

-Bushman

3 comments:

  1. A man can never get enough wood, I always say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice woodwork, man. The "Obama very light club" line killed me. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. True Story (isn't it sad I have to preface my comments with that?):
    A conversation I had with my brother two years ago:
    "Hey, how much do they get for a cord of wood where you live?"
    "Hmm, let me think about it. Oh, yeah, I get wood from a guy for $200."
    I haven't lived that one down yet.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment here please.