If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

The Moose is Loose... and other less trivial things

Well geez, Louise, look who decided to show up to the party!

Yes, it's me...again.  (damn guy won't go away)

I decided to take a few minutes and visit my dusty little writing room.  I haven't been in here much.  It's kind of sad but when you're working 70 hours a week then what little time you have left is devoted to little babies and yard work and cooking and grocery shopping and if you're lucky you get a few hours of sleep each night.

But seriously, who really cares about all that.  You didn't really come here to hear me whine did you? Thought so.

Baby Corabella is doing well.  A bit colicky but she's a baby and that is what they do...I guess.  I'm a first timer for colic.  It's pretty frustrating.  I never know what is going to soothe her, if anything.

I've tried bouncing and rolling and butt patting.  Thrown her over my shoulder and swayed back and forth.  Sometimes the weirdest positions offer a brief bit of respite.

Why just the other day she was crying so we both had a beer and a shot and that kind of helped some.
(above line intended for humor only, no babies were harmed in the making of this blog)

I think sometimes it's just who is holding her.    This morning she didn't want anything to do with me and when I tucked her back into bed with Momma she fell asleep.  Tah Dah!

That is my go to move now.  I call it the football.  Hand-off and run!!

Which is why I am here.  I have about 15 minutes of free time.

I thought about sitting on the deck and having coffee but decided to head here instead.

My only day off and I sit inside in front of a computer.

Work is going swell.  Long days, 70 plus hours but in the end, it's worth it.  Momma and I are working on a plan that just might have us in an "up north cottage on a lake" by the end of this year.
We are going up next weekend to look at two potentials.  One looks really nice and includes a giant stuffed moose head.  Nothing says "up north" like a giant stuffed moose head!

Of course, she says it would not stay and I was already looking at a life-sized stuffed bear to put next to it.    This particular cabin/cottage (not sure what the difference is) is located on the backwaters of a larger lake and looking at the satellite view it looks as if you could access the main lake through the channels of the backwater lake.  I'm curious to find out.

It is a cute little log sided cottage, painted yellow with a little screened in porch.  For an association fee of $50/yr. you can use the boat launch down the street to access the main lake directly.
It's roughly a 2-2.5 hour drive so not too far away.  Quick drive after work on a Friday and Tah Dah!

Other than that not much going on.  My folks dropped in from Florida last weekend for a short stay.  They spent two days with the baby while Momma and I were at work.  They needed their "fix" and I got to spend my first "real" father's day with my dad and my daughter.

Not that I was a fake father before but the kids always spent father's' day with their dad and while they still wished me a happy day and I usually got cards or a gift it was still sad in a way but not anymore!

I'm a pretty happy guy right now.  I'm very thankful.

The weather has been hot and dry.  The lawn is all fried up, which is actually a blessing because I don't have to spend precious time mowing.  I do need to finish staining the deck but not sure when I'll get time for that.  I need to just do a little bit every weekend and eventually it will get done.

I did plant a garden, just a small one.  We will see how that goes.

I suppose that's all for now.  Think I'll take myself up on that offer of coffee on the deck.  The hummingbirds are pretty active in the morning and I like to watch them.

I'll check back in with ya soon,

The moose is loose!
-Bushman

Actual picture from realtor

2 comments:

  1. I don't know; I see a lot of potential with the mouse. Decorating it for the various seasons; lights at Christmas time, pumpkins at Halloween. Could be the home's mascot I think.

    Sounds like a nice plan for the cottage at the lake, a good place to spend weekends with the little one!

    When my son was a newborn years ago he too was colicky. Only thing at that time that worked was his dad carrying him around from room to room in the house for about 2 hours and then he would settle and be able to sleep. Rough days, but we do live through them eventually :)

    Glad you were able to enjoy a great Father's Day this year!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, your wife doesn't want a dead moose staring at her?
    Hope you get the cottage. And that you won't be working so many hours you don't get to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment here please.