If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Honor and Duty


I would like to take a moment to thank all of those who have served in our millitary.
Without you there would be no us.

We tend to go through life taking everything for granted.  We never stop to think about all of those who have sacrificed so we could walk our streets in freedom.

I too am guilty of this.  Today I left work early to go to the Secretary of State to renew my license.
When I arrived there I found them to be closed due to Veterans Day.
I didn't even realize it was Veterans Day.  Immediatley I was upset because I had wasted my time.  I never gave it a second thought until later.
I should have been grateful that I had the oppurtunity to have a license.  To be able to have the time and the means to drive a car.  I should have been grateful for all the things I have.  
We are so used to our simple freedoms that most of us do not even think about it.  Is it wrong of us?  No we are conditioned that way but I believe that we need to recognize this once in awhile.  By doing this we understand the frailty of our freedoms.  It is with this little bit of understanding that leads us to live better lives.  This enables us to be thankful for the things we do have and to not be so upset or aggravated about the things we think we want.
It is putting life into perspective.  Selecting a spot in the big parade of life in which to walk.  
If we all can do one good thing per day, what a difference we could make.
So remember everyday when you wake.  Tell yourself it's going to be a good day.  I am going to make someone smile or laugh. I will laugh or smile.
Do not let the sacrifices of others go unrecognized.  Make a difference.
It is our duty as Americans.

I pledge allegiance
to the flag
of the United States of America.
And to the republic for which it stands
One nation under God
Indivisible with liberty and
Justice for all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment here please.