If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Let the Harvest Begin

I plundered the garden Monday after I left work.
The sweet corn is ready along with cukes, squash, zucchini, beans, and an assortment of tomatos, bell peppers and hot peppers.  And one watermelon.

 I cooked the beans the way kaitlin likes them.  Saute bacon, onions and garlic in a pot.  Add a splash of stock(I used beef stock this time) to deglaze.  Add beans and just enough stock to cover the beans.  Bring to a boil and reduce and simmer until just tender.  Yummmm!!!!!!
Then I cut up some tomatos, red onion, cucumber and drizzled with balsamic vineger then sprinkled with basil and a couple slices of fresh mozzarella.
Then I just grilled up some fresh juicy burgers with a strip of bacon.
Topped with lettuce tomato and cheese if you please.
If my garden was bigger I suppose I could grow some burger in there as well.  I'm not sure I want to get into that yet.  LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment here please.