If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Pleasant evening

After a soccer match yesterday we attended a wedding reception for a friend from work.  They were serving Smoked Pork Butts and BBQ chicken.  I must say both were excellent.  The tatse of the chicken leg quarters brought back fond memories of family barbeques on Indian Lake Rd.  The whole family used to get together.  Aunts and Uncles, cousins and grandparents.  Those times were so much fun.  I can still see my Uncles and Dad gathered around Grandpas homebuilt brick BBQ off the corner of the pool room next to the big old cherry tree.  Ahhh the good old days. 
Anyways congratulations Mike and Julie. 
So after a couple draft beers and some bean bag throwing game we proceeded home.  I toasted up an "everything" bagel and piled into bed with my book.  Amazingly beer and food is very similiar to a sleeping pill.  9 pages later it was lights out.  Oh well! 
Eric from work also attended the event and wore his best shirt.  Please read the caption before drawing conclusions.
In case you can't see it, "No Leapfrogging" is what it says.
My wonderfully photogenic wife!
They have a nice little pond with a windmill for aeration.  I think my dogs need one of these for Christmas.  Pond not a windmill!!!
Lastly before heading out yesterday we must have a had a butterfly party in the garden.  There were hundreds of little yellow butterflies everywhere.  Cool!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment here please.