If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Furlough Day 2

Today was not as productive as yesterday but that's ok.
I made some home made doughnuts for the kids.  They turned out great!
First thing I did was to get all my ingredients together and measured out.
Then mixed it all.  It is a 3 bowl doughnut mix.
I mixed my flour and seasonings in one bowl
The eggs and sugar in another
The milk and vanilla in a third.
Then you pour the milk bowl into the sugar bowl and mix it then you pour the flour bowl into the bowl with eggs and milk and mix again.  Finally stir in a little more flour and voila doughnut dough


Let chill in fridge for an hour and roll into a 1/2 inch thick sheet.

I cut circles with a reshaped cookie cutter then I punched the holes with a medicine cup.
Heat oil to 375 and fry each side for about 30 seconds or so

We glazed ours with a powdered sugar glaze and sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon
If you want exact ingredients and measures let me know I will be happy to send them.


After making doughnuts I picked a bunch more ripe red jalapenos and put in the smoker to make chipoltes.

I cut off the tops and sliced down one side.
It will take about 48 hours of smoke time.

After that I went for a ride with Ernie to check out our secret goose pond and when we pulled in there must have been 200 geese on the water.  Yee hah can't wait.
When I got home I pulled the chilli peppers out of the dehydrator and vaccum packed them in these half pint jars.  I can pull a couple out and reseal the jar with my Food Saver.  Works well!!

Whipped up a nice little meatloaf for dinner with some grilled corn chutney.
Then just before dark Kaitlin and I went for a ride to scout for geese.
Tomorrow I will hunt a chopped corn field.  The geese haven't found it yet but I may get lucky.
Check back tomorrow for hunt pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment here please.