If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sunday Salutations and Jaw Clips?

Prelude:
Before you read this let me inform you that we are currently living in a no signal area (thanks Sprint) and I haven't been able to access my pictures that I e-mailed to myself through the phone.  They finally came thru and I was able to finish this post from Sunday.  Bear with me please!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Good morning and welcome to Sunday Salutations.

The internet is not being compatible this morning so I’m saving to Word until Verizon gets back from Church or is recovered enough from its hangover to help crutch my blogging addiction.

I promised Thursday to let you in on what I believe to be an ingenious invention.  I had no idea these even existed until I happened upon it in our local grocery store. 
Here it is!
Yep jaw clips.  For those moments where she just won’t shut up.  A simple clip on the jaw of your mate will keep your day promising and bright.  The jaw clip works just as well for children although you may have to buy the smaller size.  There is a small disclaimer in tiny print at the bottom of the tag that states if jaw tag is used during the wrong week of the month that amputation of fingers is probable.  Well worth the risk I say.  You just need to be fast on the install. 
I also have (just for shits and giggles) a picture of the new, new, new house for your viewing pleasure.
It is an 1800 sq ft bi-level with 4 beds and 2 baths situated on an acre out in the country with a serene wheat field waving in the background and surrounded by trees.  To the south is the Thornapple River and at this stage in the river’s journey she is no more than a large creek.  At about 25 feet across and only a couple feet deep it is a soothing melody.  There is a section of woods between the house and the river no more than 60 yards wide however the woods continues on the other side of the river and stretches far to the west and encompass’ about 300 acres.  That is my new neighbor.  To the north is a grass field with trees and my other neighbor which at this time of the year I can only see the peak of his roof and one of his outbuildings at the rear of his property.  Nice and quiet and private.  The rear of the house has a raised deck that is accessible from the dining room via French doors.  It is from here that you can see the wildlife and watch the wheat dance in the summer breeze.  We are so lucky to have this fall in our lap the way it did.  I like this house better than the last one and as luck would have it our interest rate dropped and now our payment will be less than it would have been on the other house--- and this one cost more!  Fate or destiny I don’t care at this point just give me a home where me and my dogs can roam and I’ll show you…..

In the meantime we are nestled away at Rachel’s hacienda with her crazy neighbor.  We have been really busy so we are still adjusting but all is well and we are extremely lucky to have such friends.  Saturday was pretty hot and Momma was away at mini comets soccer camp and I was at home with the dogs.  So we played in the hose and went for a ride in the car then came home and played in the pool.  What do get when you cross three labs and a swimming pool?  Pure fun for puppies!  They had such fun and what a hoot to watch them play.

My inlaws found this little baby goose and it was woandering around the neighborhood without momma so they scooped him/her up and hauled it out to the farm to live a happy life.  He was so cute.
I suppose he's lucky I didn't turn him into jerky!
That’s all I have for today.  Stay tuned for updates and I’ll see if I can aggravate the neighbor some more and then I’ll have more stories to write.  Until then Cheers!

7 comments:

  1. The house is very nice looking but your description of what isn't in the picture certainly sounds absolutely beautiful. Things work out somehow don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. BABY GOOOOOOOOSEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Oh, and what a lovely home you have purchased as well, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liza Bean Bitey (of the Minneapolis Biteys) would like to lick that gosling.

    You know. Just a wee taste.

    :-)

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking house. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, man! So long to Davey Dukes, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like the new house. Kudos to you for not turning the gosling into jerky, but knowing you, it could still happen in a year or so. He/she better never turn its back on you.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment here please.