If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thirsty Thursday and My Top Ten

Hello and welcome to Thirsty Thursday and My Top Ten.

Thursday brings with a celebratory, ritualistic festival known as Thirsty Thursday.  It is a college tradition adopted by the mainstream society.  Well at least us beer heads.  In my case I work 4 days a week (showing up counts as working) then I work for three more days that some call a weekend.  So tonight is my Friday sort of.  What better way to kick off the weekend than with a couple of beers.  So tonight I have become the most interesting man in the world.  I have acquired seis cervacez de Dos Equis.  I will stay thirsty my friends.  A wedge of lime shoved into the bottle finishes it nicely.
Did I ever tell you the story about 'ol summer tooth, blew eyes?
No?
Well it's really not much of a story but here goes anyways.
We used to have a lawn cutting business.  At this particular time (1992ish) my Father owned it and he would hire just about anybody.  Remember Dave and his Davey Dukes?  Well this time he went and hired a guy that had blew eyes.  One blew this way and one blew that way.  Not only did he have blew eyes but he had summer teeth.  Summer there but most are not.  A classic to say the least.  I mean this guy had all the attributes to be one of the best. (weed whippers in the county)
So one day we are loading up the equipment and here comes 'ol summer tooth,blew eyes to help.  He walks past a tree or bush, I don't really recall because that was like 20 years ago but anyways out runs this rabbit.
He stops dead in his tracks and his eyes got real big (perhaps even straightened for the slightest moment) and he yells at the top of his lungs, "Wook at da wabbit".
I never even saw the wabbit.  I didn't even  look.  I was entranced by the pure awe that radiated from this guy.  The sun glinted from the drool on his lip briefly before dropping to land on his shoe where the dry cracked leather gobbled up the moisture leaving a dark spot.  His blew eye (the other was looking completely  the other way) sparkled like a child opening gifts on Christmas.  His hair was standing wildly on end and dashing to and fro with the wind, no doubt mimicking the wabbits graceful bounds.  His smile, only punctuated by three teeth, beamed from one end of the yard to the other and revealed an inner side that only a mother could love.  Yes I'm pretty sure only a mother.
The point of this story?
I saw a wabbit today.  He ran across the road in front of my truck.  Guess what I said aloud to no one but the dashboard?  Yep you guessed it.  "Wook at da Wabbit"
I don't know why that always sticks in my head but it does.
So back to the task at hand.
Top Ten, good or bad you decide.

#1 I have officially recognized this winter as nothing more than a very long cold spring.  (40 degrees c'mon)
#2 I just purchased air lift bags for my truck.  (They go in the rear coil springs to accommodate more weight)
#3 I have sold two loads of wood so far.  (just gotta go cut 'em now)
#4 If I save every hour of vacation at work by Dec. 31st I will have 123 hours of vacation (Prolly not gonna happen)
#5  I have a free cat for a good home (or a bad one I don't care he is a maniac)
#6  My cat acts just like me.  (I am free to a great home)
#7  My new wood cutting chaps paid for themselves within an hour of wearing them. (no beer involved)
#8  Tomorrow I cut wood with a vengeance (have a quad and two trailers to haul it from the woods)
#9  I can't keep the darn tire chains on my tractor when I snow blow the drive (momma is gonna have to shovel I guess)
#10  Spring is right around the corner (No not that corner the other one...... keep going, left a bit,  now go straight, yep right there!)

Have a great weekend, see ya Sunday.
-Bushman

1 comment:

  1. Hey there Mr. Bushman...have I told you lately, on a serious note, that I really enjoy reading your posts.

    There's something behind the words...makes me actually feel like I can hear you speaking them and feel the chill in the air...good stuff lives here!

    I'm enjoying a wee bit of a drink and raising my glass to toast you! And look...there goes a Wabbit!!! (I couldn't resist!)

    Have a wonderful week!
    Jenny @ Pearson Report
    Co-Host of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.

    By the way...you are thinking of entering this challenge, aren't you? You would be awesome to read...I could only imagine the post...think about it, would you? Smiles coming your way!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment here please.