If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate.

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

From the ground up

Hello there,

Welcome back.

It is week 3 of our stay at home order here in Michigan.  After the Governor's press conference yesterday it sounds as though it may get extended.

I don't have much to say about it.  Covid 19 that is.

What I can do is offer up a little more of what we have been working on around here.

We had a few gloomy days in which nothing was accomplished except for melancholy grumpiness.

The weather turned over the weekend and we were back outside once again.

We started building the fence for the garden.  Yesterday I amended the soil in the beds and finally finished splitting the one large pile of wood.

Today we celebrate Corabella's 4th birthday.  My how the time has flown by.

Waking up this morning after all the hard work in the garden yesterday is a sure reminder of how fast my time is flying too.

I'm slowing down.  It is a grim reality but it is true.  While it may not be a drastic change I can feel it for sure.

I have included 2 short videos for your viewing.  There is two because for some reason my video editor is not functioning correctly and I could not combine the two videos I took yesterday into one.
Sorry for that.

Amending the garden soil part 1


Amending the garden soil part 2


I'll be back with more as supplies are more readily available.

-Bushman

2 comments:

  1. You're going to have a lot of beds and plants. Some areas here contain a lot of clay as well. We fortunately also got out last weekend and enjoyed the great weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It still amazes me your little girl is 4 years old! But then my grandson was born the same year, just back in February, and it amazes me he is 4 years old. We all do slow down as we mature (kinder word than age). I think that's one of the reasons I keep pushing myself physically as much as possible. Might take an extra minute to do something but I see some older people in scooters at the market and I never want to lose the ability to walk if I can at all possibly continue to do so.


    Sounds like great projects you are working on!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment here please.